This Western Canadian based hotel chain not only runs hotels under their own name but also runs several Super 8 and Ramada hotels. Under their own banner they have 11 in Alberta, 9 in Saskatchewan and 1 in Manitoba
- Earn 500 points for every $25 spend
- Double Points on your first stay
- Free nights at Canalta Hotels are 45,000 points for a standard room or 80,000 for a Jacuzzi suite
- They also have hotel packages, gift cards, merchandise, magazine subscriptions, app downloads or you can donate your points
Another Western Canadian based hotel chain, Coast hotels operates 36 hotels in Canada and the U.S. Here at home you'll find them in B.C., Alberta, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon. While in the U.S. you can find locations in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
- In the Coast Rewards Program you earn anywhere from 1 to 1.5 points for every dollar spent depending on your tier status within the program
- The program has Silver (Base level), Gold and Platinum Elite tiers. To reach Gold you must complete 15 nights annually while Platinum requires 40 nights
- Members can also choose to earn miles/points in partner programs instead of Coast Rewards points. Those partners are Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan and More Rewards (Save On Foods)
- Free night redemptions run 1,750 points for a comfort room or 2,250 points for a superior room. You can also use 500 points for a room upgrade.
- Coast Rewards Points can also be converted to Aeroplan Miles on a 1:1 basis or to Mileage Plan at a rate of 12,000 points to 5,000 miles.
- Points can also be used for merchandise, gift cards, car rentals, Ski and Spa getaways and much more.
Guess what? Another Western Canadian chain, Executive Hotels has 18 hotels with 16 located in Canada and 2 in the U.S.. The 12 in Canada are in Alberta, B.C. and Saskatchewan while the U.S. locations are in San Francisco and Seattle with a New York City location coming soon.
- In the Executive Rewards program members earn 1 Point for every dollar spent with a 300 point minimum awarded on stays
- Free night redemptions run from 6,000 to 10,000 points depending on the hotel
- You can also convert Executive points to American AAdvantage or Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. 2,600 Executive points = 1,000 American Advantage or Alaska Airlines miles 3,900 Executive points = 1,500 American Advantage or Alaska Airlines miles
- The redemption catalog also includes electronics, golf gear, and more.
Now that Delta Privilege is toast, Fairmont President's Club is by far Canada's largest and most prestigious hotel frequent guest program with over 65 hotels Worldwide.
- Stay credits are earned not only at Fairmont Hotels but also Raffles and Swissotel Hotels worldwide.
- You don't earn points with FPC however you can earn anywhere from 500 to 1,000 miles with Aeroplan, American Airlines AAdvantage, Air China Phoenix Miles, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, British Airways Executive Club, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards, Jet Airways JetPrivilege, Lufthansa Miles and More, Qatar Airways Privilege Club, Saudi Airlines Alfursan, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and United MileagePlus.
- The number of miles earned depends on your elite status within FPC. Base members earn 500 miles, Premier earn 750 and Platinum earn 1,000. Miles are only awarded on eligible rates, most discounted rates such as AAA do not earn miles.
- The Elite tier levels of FPC provide some excellent benefits such as complimentary nights, upgrades and more. If you can reach Platinum status you get a lot of nice perks! Hint: If you have The Platinum Card from American Express you can get Platinum Status with only 5 nights instead of the regular requirement of 30 nights!
Quebec based Gouverneur Hotels operates 10 hotels across the province
- Gouverneur Hotels Club Gouverneur is another non-points program. Its more like a punch card program. Essentially every time you complete 14 nights at Gouverneur Hotels you'll earn a free weekend night.
- The program also provides members with free continental breakfast on all stays during the week and double that (add an extra person) for stays on weekends
- It also provides a preferred corporate rate and if available late checkout.
- Stays at Gouverneur Hotels also earn 500 Aeroplan miles
Hearthstone Hospitality Hotels consists of four hotels, all in Nova Scotia
- Members of the program earn 1 Points per dollar spent at any of their four hotels plus the A&W on Pleasant Street in Dartmouth and at Movie Buffs in Windsor, NS.
- Members can also get 2 extra hours added to their check out time, get free room upgrades based upon availability and other minor perks
- Points can be redeemed as follows: Room upgrade: 200 points; 50% standard room discount: 400 points; 50% deluxe room discount: 500 points; Free standard room: 800 points per night; Free deluxe suite: 1,000 points per night
- You can also redeem points to use the pool and/or fitness facilities at their hotels without an actual stay
- Visa Gift Cards and Charitable donations are also redemption options for the program
Yet another Nova Scotia based chain with four hotels!
- Earn 1 points for every $10 spent (including HST!)
- Points can be redeemed as follows towards your stays at any Maritime Inn: 50 points = $ 25; 100 points = $ 50; 150 points = $ 85; 200 points = $125
Monte Carlo Inns is an Ontario based chain with eight locations in the Toronto area
- Earn 1 point for every $5 spent with a minimum spend of $50 per stay required to earn points
- When you join you get exclusive stay benefits like complimentary upgrades, early check-in, late check-out etc.
- Earn 100 points just for joining the program (+ a free gift) and 20 more points for liking them on Facebook
- Redemption options are 400 points for a traditional room or 600 for a whirlpool suite. Merchandise includes pillows for 200 points all the way up to a King size mattress for 7,000 points
Based out of Prince Edward Island, Rodd Hotels & Resorts has seven hotels in PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on any services provided by Rodd Hotels & Resorts including accommodations, spa services, and food and beverage. Elite status members earn more from 1.25 points to 2 points per dollar depending on tier level.
- Elite program qualification is as follows:
EveryStay-Gold Rewards - 10 to 24 Qualifying Nights Annually
EveryStay-Platinum Rewards - 25 to 49 Qualifying Nights Annually
EveryStay-Diamond Rewards - 50 plus Qualifying Nights Annually
- 1,500 Points can be redeemed for one night accommodation at any Rodd Hotel or 2,000 points for one night accommodation at any Rodd Resort. Other redemption options include $50 Rodd Hotels & Resorts gift card – 1250 points; $50 GIFTPASS from Gift Certificates.ca – 2000 points; 1 Round of golf at any of PEI’s Finest Golf courses – 2000 points.
Steele Hotels are Newfoundland based hotel chain with six hotels. All properties are in Newfoundland.
- The FTC program awards members 1 point for every dollar spent at their hotels
- You can also choose to earn Aeroplan miles instead with 500 being awarded on eligible stays
- Points can be used for room nights, upgrades and more. 1,000 points can be redeemed for a $50 Gift Card to Sobeys, NLC Liquor Store, Wal-Mart or any of the restaurants in the 6 hotels that participate in the program. 1,250 points earn a free night in a standard room while 1,750 points are enough for a free night in a Suite.
Sutton Place Hotels has shrunk over the years as they had locations in Toronto and the U.S. but now only has three hotels: one in Edmonton, Alberta and one each in Revelstoke and Vancouver, B.C
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on hotel rooms, room service and other revenue incidentals
- 3,000 points earns a free night at any one of their three locations.
- Other redemption options include room upgrades, airline tickets, gift cards and more
- Sutton Platinum is achieved after your 15th stay
Care to comment on ? Which of these programs do you use yourself? Share you
views and experiences by commenting below or join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter!
Rewards Canada can be found on the following social media channels: